CFP ER4 100G Transceivers over Singlemode Fibre
100G CFP ER4
This CFP 100G ER4 transceiver module is designed for applications over single-mode fibre (SMF) with transmission distances of up to 40km via a dual LC or SC interface. It uses 4 WDM optical signals (around 1310nm), and multiplexes them into a single channel for 100Gbps optical transmission. Reversely on the receiver side, the module optically de-multiplexes the 100Gbps ER4 inputs into 4 WDM channels signals, and converts them to electrical data. The central wavelengths of the WDM channels are 1295.56nm, 1300.05nm, 1304.58nm and 1309.14nm according to the IEEE ER4 recommendation.
The module supports alarm, control and monitor functions via hardware pins and via an MDIO bus. MDIO electrical interface consists of 8 wires including 2 wires of MDC and MDIO, as well as 5 Port Address wires, and the Global Alarm wire. MDC is the MDIO Clock line driven by host and MDIO is the bidirectional data line driven by both host and module depending upon the data directions.
The CFP uses pins in the electrical connector to instantiate the MDIO interface.
- Compliant with 100G Ethernet IEEE802.3ba 100GBASE-ER4
- Compliant with OTU4
- Hot pluggable CFP form factor
- Supports 103.1Gbps and 112Gbps aggregate bit rates
- Transmission distance of 40km on SMF
- 4x28Gbps DFB-based LAN-WDM transmitter (1295.56, 1300.05, 1304.58, 1309.14nm)
- APD photo-detector
- Power Consumption < 16.0W typical
- CAUI high speed electrical interface
- Duplex LC or SC receptacles (straight or angled for option)
- Single 3.3V power supply
- MDIO interface with integrated Digital Diagnostic Monitoring
- 100GBASE-ER 100G Ethernet
- Switches and Routers
- Metro networks
- Other Optical Links
- Full performance warranty
- Compliant with 100G Ethernet IEEE802.3ba
- Compliant with OTU4
- Class 1 laser compliant
- RoHS-6 compliant (lead-free)
Why Choose 100G CFP+ / QSFP28 optical transceivers, AOC and Direct Attach cables from the team at Complete Connect?
Designed around a universal hot swappable footprint all our CFP+ solutions come with an extensive range of performance and compatibility features.
- Guaranteed DDM/DOM compatibility
- Extensive laboratory testing
- SR10, IR4 Parallel, LR4 and ER4 variants
- Serial/MDIO management interface
- Lifetime performance warranty
- Class 1 FDA and IEC60825-1 Laser Safety Compliant
Regulatory and Standards Compliance
- IEEE 802.3ba: 100GBASE requirements
- GR-20-CORE: Generic requirements for optical fibre and optical fibre cable
- GR-326-CORE: Generic requirements for singlemode optical connectors
- GR-1435-CORE: Generic requirements for multi-fibre optical connectors
- ITU-T G.709: OTU3 requirements
Complete Connect is a leading distribution authority and supplier of quality, high performance 3rd party optical transceivers. All our transceivers are built to MSA (Multi Source Agreement) standards and are extensively tested to ensure 100% compatibility with a huge range of leading switch and device manufacturers.
We are very confident in the performance and reliability of our optical transceiver solutions that we offer a lifetime performance warranty. This is combined with our outstanding service and support levels to ensure complete peace of mind. In fact our Optical Transceivers are deployed within some of the worlds largest data centres and telecommunications companies as well as a large number of SME enterprise data centres and government agencies.
Fully compatible digital diagnostics functionality (DDM/DOM) are available via the MDIO for all CFP and QSFP28 transceivers and DAC cable options below: –
3COM, Arista, A10, Alcatel Lucent, Allied Telesis, Avaya, Brocade, Ciena, Cisco, Dell, D-Link, Emulex, Enterasys, Ericsson, Extreme, F5, Finisar, Force10, Fortinet, Foundry, HP, Huawei, Intel, Juniper, Linksys, Mellanox, NetGear Nokia Siemens, Nortel, Riverstone SMC, SUN, TP-Link Transition Networks, Trendnet, ZyXEL.