The IT industry is one of the fastest moving sectors for new product development and introduction. Whilst efforts to minimize environmental impacts should be considered at every stage of a product’s lifecycle, within our particular product set it is the manufacturing stage that has the greatest impact.
We recognize the importance of being a responsible member of the community and this includes ensuring that we bring environmentally friendly products to market and working in an environmentally friendly manner.
We work with our partners and suppliers around the globe to ensure our manufacturing and supply chain processes are as environmentally friendly as possible.
We Focus On 6 Key Areas Of Continual Improvement:
1. Waste from our processes including all manufacturing and office areas
2. Reducing transport costs
3. Packaging management
4. Recycling wood, cardboard, plastics and paper
5. Donating money to “Green” causes
6. We choose our supply partners carefully to ensure we are working in a socially responsible manner and we employ technologies that help ensure delivery, responsiveness, pricing and quality.
We have installed a simple 6 stage process to monitor and manage our approach to the way we operate and ensure we engage with all our stakeholders to reduce our environmental footprint.
As we develop our products in line with constantly emerging customer requirements, we are aware of the impact that these changing requirements have on each stage of our process.
Our aim is to give our customers a competitive advantage by focusing on product functionality, quality and reliability, as well as service flexibility and value.
However, it is critical for us to try and balance these drivers with environmental design of products and packaging, reduction in impact within the supply chain (both from materials and distribution), reducing the amount of waste through remanufacturing, reuse, and recycling.
- Buying in an environmentally friendly manner
- Reducing packaging requirements on purchased products and avoiding highly packaged items
- Buying more products in bulk or sourcing locally
- Recycling our product packaging for re-use