- For the cleanest MPO / MTP connectors
- For the cleanest LC and SC connectors
- Cleans both connectors on cables and connectors in panels and cassettes
- Simple pushing motion to engage tool Audible CLICK to alert the operator when tools is fully engaged
- Over 525+ engagements per unit
- Dry cleaning strand eliminates the need for solvents
Overview – Cleaning MTP and LC Connectors and transceiver ports
By far the biggest issue with installing pre-terminated fibre networking surrounds the ability to clean the connectors adequately to ensure desired performance levels are achieved.
There are 3 major differences between inspecting and cleaning an MTP connector when compared to standard LC, FC or SC connectors.
- The MTP ferrule is flat across its entire surface as opposed to a standard connector which is conical. This means that any contaminants anywhere on the ferrule end-face (and not just close to the fibres as in standard connectors) will affect the quality of the connection.
- The male MTP connector has guide pins close to the fibres (fibre no. 1 and fibre no. 12) which make cleaning more difficult.
- The MTP connector can be housed inside a bulkhead/adaptor which means accessing the ferrule can be difficult
There are a number of brands of inspection probe on the market. We recommend using the EXFO FIP 400. Below are some of the options available.
200X/400X USB2 Video inspection probe KIT
Includes: FIP-400-USB2: USB 2.0 converter module.
400X magnification Video Probe / FC-SC Bulkhead tip / Universal 2.5mm patchcord tip / case for tips / Software & Instruction manual on CD. Soft carrying case.
FIP-400-D-SINGLE with FIP-400-D – 400X Video inspections probe KIT with handheld display.
FIP-400-D Handheld Display 3.5in TFT screenPsu / rechargeable battery / FIP-400-P-SINGLE: 400X mag Probe1 x FIPT-400-FC-SC / FC-SC Bulkhead tip / 1 x FIPT-400-U25MUniversal patch cord tip (2.5mm ferrule)
400X USB2 Video inspection probe KIT
FIPT-400-MTP2; MTP2 tip for PC bulkheads (extended, reversible
FIPT-400-MTP2-K; MTP tip for APC and UPC tip for bulkheads (extended, reversible)
FIPT-400-MTPA2; MTP tip for APC tip for bulkheads (extended, reversible)
FIP-400-USB2: USB 2.0 converter module
FIP-400-D-DUAL with FIP-400-D
200X / 400X Video inspection probe KIT with handheld display
Includes: Handheld Display 3,5in TFT screen / psu / rechargeable battery / FIP-400-P-SINGLE: 400X mag Probe / 1x FIPT-400-FC-SC / FC-SC Bulkhead tip / 1 x FIPT-400-U25M / Universal patch cord tip (2.5mm ferrule)
EXFO MTP Adaptor Heads
No account required
High quality components
Cleaning Points to Note
MTP connectors can only be properly cleaned using the recommended cleaning tool – the MTP IBC® Cleaning Tool.
IBC™ Brand Cleaners MT series mechanical cleaning tools are designed for cleaning the fiber arrays on MT based connector systems.
These tools are capable of cleaning MT based connector systems loaded in a bulkhead adapter, on the card edge, the backplane and on unmated cable assemblies.
The IBC™ Brand Cleaners will clean both female (no guide pin) and male (with steel guide pins). These tools will clean both flat polished multimode and 8˚ angled singlemode MT ferrules.
Cleans male and female MT ferrule 525+ cleanings per unit
Simple dial turn engagement is easy to operate Nozzle is keyed for precise alignment of the cleaning tip to the fiber array
Alignment cap lid opens for cleaning the unmated connectors