M310 Series MPO (MTP) OM3 Trunk Cables
12 Fibre Cores. Polarity A, B and C
With Corning® Clearcurve® Glass
With MTP® ELITE® Connectors
The lowest connector IL < 0.35 dB
Access Europe’s largest MTP cable stock right now
M310 Series MPO (MTP) – MPO (MTP) Fibre OM3 (Corning® ClearCurve® Glass) Trunk Cables
MPO MTP® ELITE® Low Loss connectors with Level 6 multistage termination
M310 Series MTP® trunk cables form the backbone to the M Series solution. They are designed for a tool-less installation with M310 modular cassettes or M310 couplers and utilise Click-2-Connect® technology for a fast and simple way to grow the network.
Lightweight and small bend radius
MTP® trunk cables use a lightweight but robust micro core fibre cable and MTP® connectors. They are about 65% lighter and 60% smaller in diameter than traditional tight buffered or loose tube fibre and gives the ability to install more fibre into less space.
12 and 24 core cables
Higher core count cables minimise space within overhead trunking and sub-floor trays.
Piece of mind, hassle free
All trunk cables have a full lifetime guarantee and are protected by the Complete Connect warranty. Every trunk cable is supplied with a full test certificate and is traceable though a unique serial number.
|1. Fibre Type||Corning Clearcurve Glass OM3 (50/125)|
|2. Number of fibre cores||12|
|3. Cable Construction||Microcore dry loose tube cable LSZH
Indoor; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596
Also available with a Plenum rated sheath
|4. Sheath Type||Single sheath
Dual sheath (includes a secondary 1.5mm outer sheath)
|5. Connector Gender||MTP female (no pins)
MTP male (with pins)
|6. Total Length||From 0.5m to 100m|
|7. Polarity||TIA 568 Type A, B or C|
|8. Protective installation sock||End A and/or End B or none|
|8. Colour||OM3 – Aqua|
Compatibility with LC cassette modules
- M310 trunk cables offer instant connectivity when used with M310 LC modular cassettes
- M310 trunks are compatible with other MTP based systems such as Panduit, Corning, Siemon plus many others
- The MTP trunks can have either male or female connectors
- There are 3 types of cable polarity: A, B or C. Complete Connect will ensure the correct polarity is provided.
- All Complete Connect cables use the MT Elite ferrule within the MTP fibre connector. This provides the best optical connection possible.
Cleaning MTP cables and transceiver ports
- Complete Connect recommend using an IBC Branded MTP cleaning tool for cleaning all MTP cables (and MTP ports in modular cassettes).
Maximum transmission distances
- The IEEE standard states maximum distances based on loss budgets for OM3, OM4 and singlemode transmission.
- Distances vary depending on a number of factors including no. of mated connector pairs and cable routing.
- Complete Connect’s technical team can provide all the relevant information concerning loss budgets and allowable distances.
Testing using Loopback adaptor cables
- MTP loopback cables can be used to test individual trunk cables.
- LC loopback adaptors can be used to test full channels.
Trusted by Large Corporations and Governments to delivery the highest quality and service
Because we are the UK’s specialist MPO (MTP) Cabling solutions provider
M310 Series MTP Trunk Cable with Single Sheath
M310 Series MTP Trunk Cable with Dual Sheath
Optical Performance and Physical Specifications
12 Core Physical Specification
|Single Sheath||Dual Sheath|
|Sheath Wall Thickness (nominal ave. mm)||0.55mm||Inner 0.55mm, outer 0.45mm|
|Sheath Wall Thickness (minimum mm)||0.48mm||Inner 0.48mm, outer 0.35mm|
|Maximum pull force||300 N||1000 N|
|Transport and storage||– 25 °C to + 70 °C||– 25 °C to + 70 °C|
|Installation||– 5 °C to + 50 °C||– 5 °C to + 50 °C|
|Installed||– 10 °C to + 70 °C||– 10 °C to + 70 °C|
|Minimum Bend Radius (installed)||10 x outside diameter||10 x outside diameter|
|Minimum Bend Radius (installation)||15 x outside diameter||15 x outside diameter|
|Maximum Crush Resistant (long term)||150 N/dm||300 N/dm|
|Jacket Colour||OM3 – Aqua||OM3 – Aqua|
12 Core Construction
|Single Sheath||Dual Sheath|
|Design||Twelve 250um fibres with aramid yarn strain relief
|Twelve 250um fibres with aramid yarn strain relief
Dual sheath separated by aramid yarn strain relief
|Construction||Dry Loose Tube (no gel)||Dry Loose Tube (no gel)|
|Sheath Properties||LSZH – Halogen free, flame retardant||LSZH – Halogen free, flame retardant|
|Application||Indoor, cable trays and ducting||Indoor, cable trays and ducting|
|Flame Retardancy acc.||IEC 60332-1-2 and IEC 60332-3-22 Cat. A|
|Smoke Density acc.||IEC 61034|
|Halogen-free acc.||IEC 60754-1|
|Acidity of Combustion Gases acc.||IEC 60754-2|
To ensure the best performance, use a recognised MTP Connector and QSFP + Port Cleaning Tool
|Optical Core||50μm +/- 2.5μm diameter|
|Optical Claddinng||125μm +/- 1μm diameter|
|Primary Acrylate Coating||242μm +/- 5μm diameter|
|Core Concentricity Error||<5%|
|Multimode OM3 (50/125)|
|850nm ≤ 2.5 Max
1300nm ≤0.7 Max
|850nm ≤ 2.3 Max
1300nm ≤0.6 Max
|Overfill Launch Minimum
Bandwidth Mhz x Km
|850nm ≥ 1500
1300nm ≥ 500
|Laser Effective Modal Minimum
Bandwidth Mhz x Km
|850nm ≥ 2000|
Commitment to Excellence
Complete Connect are committed to providing the highest quality performing products. This is achieved through
- Sourcing the best components
- Utilising the lastest fibre termination technology
- Maintaining rigorous processes
TIA/EIA-568-C.3 and ISO/IEC 11801
MPO: IEC-61754-7, EIA/TIA-604-5
Compliant to Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) and REACH SvHC